Industrial insulation of power boilers and furnaces
Insulating industrial boilers and furnaces is a complex process of protecting their surfaces in order to keep the heat inside the unit as efficient as possible. Since the operation of industrial boilers and furnaces involves high temperatures, their thermal insulation is used for:
- reaching a safe temperature on the surface (according to current regulations);
- reduction of heat losses and, consequently, energy costs.
Insulation of industrial boilers and furnaces. What is important to consider?
When designing the thermal insulation structure of boilers, it is very important to take into account the peculiarities of the operation of this type of equipment, for example, exposure to high temperatures, mechanical expansion of the structure, vibrations, and complexity of surfaces. Therefore, materials with high thermal properties are needed for the thermal insulation of industrial boilers and furnaces:
- low coefficients of heat capacity and thermal conductivity;
- resistance to high-temperature loads and drops;
- mechanical strength;
- vibration resistance;
- resistance to getting wet (small absorption of moisture);
- resistance to various chemicals;
- convenience and ease of installation;
- the possibility of reuse.
Advantages of industrial insulation of boilers and furnaces
A competent approach to solving such issues as the choice of materials, work technique and the contractor will allow to achieve higher quality indicators in the operation of the equipment. Among them:
- reduction of heat losses;
- achievement and improvement of the declared parameters of equipment operation;
- compliance with labor protection standards;
- achievement of fire and environmental safety;
- cost savings in the further operation of the equipment.
It should be noted that it is recommended to use a multi-layer construction (with overlapping joints) in order to minimize heat losses. It will also save money on the further operation of the equipment.
The durability of thermal insulation of industrial boilers and furnaces depends on their design features and operating conditions, including the location of the object to be insulated, the operating mode of the equipment, the degree of environmental aggressiveness, and the intensity of mechanical impacts. The service life of the heat-insulating material and the heat-insulating structure as a whole is largely determined by the type of protective coating and the quality of installation work.
Our company offers thermal insulation services for industrial boilers and furnaces, as well as the supply of appropriate Termo Protekt thermal insulation materials.
on the market
m2 of insulation
has been done