Insulation of industrial ducts and filters
Industrial ventilation ducts are used to convey warm or cold air. The effectiveness of thermal insulation of ducts and ventilation pipes is as follows:
- prevention of water vapor condensation;
- fire protection;
- noise dampening accompanying the airflow (sound insulation);
- reduction of heat losses;
- protection from environmental influences.
Where to start isolating industrial ducts?
The quality of design and installation are of particular importance when solving problems of protection against the formation of condensate on the surface of the ducts. The thermotechnical calculation must correctly determine the thermal insulation system, including the thickness of the insulating layer, and the installation must ensure a tight fit of the materials.
Considering the tasks and working conditions for thermal insulation of ducts and ventilation pipes, materials with the following properties are required:
- low coefficients of heat capacity and thermal conductivity;
- low hygroscopicity and moisture absorption;
- high acoustic absorption capacity;
- resistance to influence of biological reagents;
- mechanical strength;
- vibration stability;
- convenience and ease of installation;
- the possibility of reuse.
Popular materials for insulating industrial ducts and filters:
- mineral wool (mineral wool mats);
- glass wool (fiberglass mats);
- foamed polyethylene (roll material);
- foamed artificial rubber (roll material);
- expanded polystyrene (boards, cylinders);
- foil insulation, etc.
Industrial filter insulation
The filters are thermally insulated when it is necessary to maintain a certain level of temperature inside the machine, to reduce heat losses, to prevent condensation and increase the life of the equipment.
Our company has experience and offers services in thermal insulation of ducts, filters and other industrial equipment.
on the market
m2 of insulation
has been done